Tuesday, April 3, 2012

39th Chaplin Awards and More

4/2/12 the 39th Chaplin Awards were taking place at Lincoln Center.  This year they were honoring Catherine Deneuve.  Across the street there was another event that was happening and there were celebrities that were showing up.  I went back and forth, when ever I saw an escalade stopping on either side of the road.

Trisha Yearwood
Josh Groban
The first person that I saw was not attending the 39th Chaplin Awards.  But at first I did not know who it was because she didn't look familiar.  I then found out it was country star Trisha Yearwood.  I haven't heard much of her music, but I still took pictures.  She was being rushed and didn't really take any pictures with anyone.  Then I saw someone but I didn't get a good picture.  Still I'll post it anyway.  It's part of Josh Groban's face.  

Susan Sarandon
Catherine Deneuve
Then I went back to the side that I was originally at for and decided to wait for the celebrities to come.  The first one that I saw was Susan Sarandon.  She didn't take pictures with anyone because she was being rushed and the crowd of people were starting to get in some fights.  It can get a bit crazy at these events because some people who go there do it for money and will do anything just to get an autograph so they can sell.  The next person to come was of course the honoree Catherine Deneuve.  She also didn't take pictures but she signed autographs.  She seemed nice.  

Glenn Close
I had heard that Glenn Close was inside at the awards so I decided that I would wait to meet her.  I really wanted to talk to her because she works with an organization that I think is just amazing.  The organization that she works with is BringChange2Mind.org. When I saw her come out I made sure to stand right by the door so I could be the first one to speak to her.  She was very kind to me and I told her that I thought what she was doing was just amazing.  I also said some other things that I rather not say because they were personal, but she understood and asked me questions I didn't expect for her to do.  I could't of been prouder to have met her.

After meeting Glenn Close I called it a night and it was a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment