Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Letterman with a Hint of Sister Act

4/24/12 I went to letterman because I wanted to meet Amy Poehler.  My plans that I had before the Letterman show taping had changed so I got there extremely early.  I arrived at around 12:30pm.  I had 4 hours to waste, but it wasn't so bad.

Raven Symone and Me
It was cold out but I ate lunch and tried to keep moving as much as I can.  Around 3:30pm people were waiting but something unexpected happened.  The stage door to Sister Act is across the street from the stage door of the Letterman Show.  So who happens to be arriving but no other than Raven Symone.  She was very sweet.  She said she liked my hair and I asked for a picture. She actually said "someone take this girls picture".  I was amazed.  I thought it was cool.  I was the last person to get a picture with her.  She went inside because she was cold.

Me and Amy Poehler
About and hour later Amy Poehler arrived.  She went straight into the building.  I figured I already waited 4 hours I might as well try and wait another hour and see if I could meet her.  I'm glad I did because when she came out she came and signed and took pictures.  Amy Poehler was really nice and I enjoyed meeting her.  Her publicist was taking the pictures for fans.  She was being rushed by her publicist but she still signed and took pictures with anyone who asked.

It might of been a cold day, but it was still an amazing day.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome day! :) I was wondering if you could give me any tips on how to meet Raven? I am traveling far to NY just to see her and Sister Act and it is my dream to meet her <3 I would definitely wait around outside the theater if that works. If you have any tips, tricks, ideas, advice, anything, I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the show so I haven't actually seen how much she will sign and take pictures after the show. I've met her just by accident. But I do recommend after the show just go to the stage door. Just go around the corner of the theatre. Go to the side where you can see letterman cause that's the side of the stage door. It depends also what day you are going. I recommend seeing the last show of the day if there are two shows running that day. If your seeing like a 7pm or 8pm show then your going to have a better chance of meeting her. Because sometimes if they have two shows they won't come out after the first one. I hope this helps and I hope you get to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, thank you very much! :) Were there a lot of people there around 3:30 when you happened to see her? I plan to go to the stage door but I know it's going to be super crowded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was there waiting for the guests on Letterman. When I met her it wasn't that many people. I guess it might depend on the guest for letterman that day. I don't really know it depends.

    ReplyDelete