Friday, April 27, 2012

Garry Marshall In The House!!!


4/26/12 Union Square barnes and nobles was having Garry Marshall come for a book signing.  I've seen some of his movies and he is a big part of the film industry and I wanted to meet him.  I thought I could learn somethings about the film industry.  I love to hear people speak about the film industry.  I always learn something new.

I went with my sister Brooke and we got second row at the signing.  The front rows were reserved for Garry Marshall's friends.  Most of them were from where he grew up as a child.  That's pretty cool to still be in touch with those you grew up with as a kid.

When Garry Marshall came he got interviewed.  I forgot the name of the guy who was asking the questions, but I have seen this guy at other book signings at Union Square.  When they were done talking he took questions from the audience.  I always love it when they let the audience ask questions.  You never know what people are going to ask.  Most of the questions were about the film industry or Garry Marshall.  Sorry no random funny questions at this signing.  I got to ask a question.  I asked if he had any advice about the film industry with writing and directing.  He said he was a writer and that I should keep writing and keep trying to get my scripts out there.  I thought that was great advice.  Then he asked if I was going to school and I said yes.  He was really funny, cool, calm and relaxed.  You can tell when some of the stars doing a signing are nervous or you know its their first signing.

Then I got my book signed and it was a great experience.  He again told me to keep writing and when I get a script picked up that I should say that its my script and that I get to direct it.  He didn't say it in those exact words but something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment