Sunday, April 8, 2012

Live From New York its Rachel Dratch

On 4/412 Rachel Dratch had a book signing for her new book  "A Girl Walks Into A Bar".  I had work that day so right after work I took a cab and headed straight for the book signing.  I even managed to get into the front row thanks to a friend.  I really didn't have to wait long.  I waited for about 40 minutes.  I was talking with a friend so the time passed by fast.

Rachel Dratch
Rachel Dratch
Finally it was 7pm and Rachel Dratch arrived.  She first had to take pictures for the press. No one realized she had even arrived so of course I yelled out "you go girl".  The applause came right after that.  She read for a few minutes from her book.  Then she decided to take questions from the audience.  The first person who asked a questioned actually didn't ask a question.  Instead he was giving a list of movies some actress had done that was not about Rachel Dratch.  It was very random.  Then when they asked for another question I looked around the room and I saw that no one was raising their hand, so I thought it was time to have a little fun.  I raised my hand and I got to ask the question.  I asked "What's it like to be funny"?  The audience started to laugh and it was pretty funny.  Rachel Dratch had no idea how to respond to that.  But she did say she didn't really know but she hangs out with other funny people.

Me and Rachel Dratch
There were some more questions and then the book signing happened.  I was second in the line which was pretty cool.  When I met her I asked if she knew someone that I knew.  She did and she seemed very kind.  I even got to take a picture with her.  She was really nice and I can't wait to read her book.

No comments:

Post a Comment