Friday, June 3, 2011

TNT and TBS Network UPFRONT

Upfront- An upfront is when each network on television gather together with executives and stars of their networks and announce the upcoming fall seasons.  This lets the shows know if they are coming back or being cancelled.

May 18, 2011 is the day that the stars from TNT and TBS came together for the upfront.  When I was on my way to the event at 9am, I didn't expect I would meet anyone.  Well when you read this you will soon learn I was completely wrong, and I glad I was.  As I got into the city I went straight to the Hammerstein Ballroom.  When I got there I was sure where exactly to go.  I saw ropes put up, and there were people already lining up to go into the event.  I stood there for like 25 minutes not knowing what to do.  Until I decided to go around the block to look behind the building.  That was the smartest thing I did all day because that is where the real action was happening.  I crossed the street because I saw that there were a lot of cars parked, and I figured I wouldn't be able to stand there or see anything.  I stood on the side of the street facing the door.

The waiting was annoying because you didn't know who or when the stars were going to show up.  I didn't see many people come.  If the stars did come it was very hard to see.  I did get to see Ray Romano get out of his car and walk into the building.  He was really nice because he waved to the people.  So far everything was going pretty good until the weather started to become a pain with the on an off again rain.  Out of all days this was not the day I would of wanted there to have been rain.  Later on I got to see Angie Harmon go into the building.  I got there late and most of the stars had already arrived.  I walked across the street after seeing a small crowd of people.  It was a really great spot to see the stars when they walk out of the building.  I started talking with some of the people in the crowd, a lot of them were just paparazzi trying to make some money.  Still they were pretty cool for being paparazzi.  I know some of them can be just plain old mean at these events.

Since there was about an hour or so until the event was over, there was not much to do except for wait and hope the rain wouldn't start up again.  I stood their talking with some of the people who were paparazzi and others who were fans.  It was a lot of fun.  Some parts of it were boring but it really wasn't such a bad wait.

Some of the stars would come out for a smoke break such as DJ Qualls and later on Corey Reynolds came out for a smoke break.  After they went back in from their break it wasn't that much longer of a wait until the stars would come out and started heading to their after party.

Andy Richter and me
Noah Wylie and me
Me and Ray Romano
George Lopez
The first people to come out were Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter.  At the time I could only get a picture with Andy Richter.  It was amazing.  Then Noah Wylie came out.  I loved the show ER so when he came out I was like OMG.  I got to take two pictures with him.  The first one was bad so he retook the picture with me.  It was awesome.  Then Ray Romano came out.  I was so excited when I got to take a picture with him.  Then George Lopez came out.  I didn't get to take a picture with him, but I did get a very up close picture of him. Regina King came out and she took some pictures and gave out autographs to fans.  What I found to be really cool was that I had asked Regina King for an autograph and picture.  At first she gave me an autograph and then walked away to give other fans her autograph.  After that she came back and said "didn't you ask for a picture"?  I was said "uh huh".  I couldn't believe she actually came back.  That was really nice of her.  I got to see Kyra Sedgwick, but I couldn't get an autograph.  She could only do a few before she was whisked away into her car. Then Sascha Alexander came out and she was really nice.  I didn't get to take a picture with her but I did get her autograph.  Most of the stars had left by this time to go to the after party.  I decided that I would leave and go to the after party and get some more autographs and pictures there.

By the time I got to the after party there was a larger crowd then there was at the main event.  I was pretty surprised because it was in the middle of the day and I didn't expect that many people to come out.  By this time the weather wanted to be a major pain because it started to rain, but this time the rain got heavier.  I had to wait for over 2 hours and a half.  Now most people know that waiting in the rain for that long is not a lot of fun.

Anthony Dennison and Me
Finally the stars were leaving the event.  What sucked is that since the weather was lousy a lot of them couldn't stop to take pictures with fans.  But the ones that did were cool about it.  I saw Anthony Dennison standing outside talking to people. When I saw him I knew he looked familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it.  I then saw one fan go up to him and asked for a picture and he was fine with it.  Then I realized where I saw him and it was on one episode of Charmed.  Also Anthony Dennison stars in The Closer.  I then went up to him and asked to make sure if he was on Charmed  and he said yes but it was only for an episode.  I said I didn't care that is my favorite show and you were amazing in that episode.  I also then thanked him for the picture.  After Anthony Dennison went back into the after party, it was about another hour until the other stars would leave.

Michael Cudlitz and Me
Melora Hardin and Me
Mark Paul Gosslear and Me
The weather was still annoying because it was raining when it wanted too and that was always at the time I didn't want it to rain.  When Michael Cudlitz came out it was raining.  Melora Hardin came out around the same time.  What was really funny and embarrassing for me is that when I asked Melora Hardin to take a picture with me I didn't realize she was coming over, until I heard her say Oww.  I had a small umbrella with me and I managed to hit her in the head with it and her hair got stuck.  I went OMG and I kept on apologizing about 30 times.  I didn't realize she was standing next to me and I felt so bad.  It was an accident and she was okay with it.  I took the picture with her and she left. Then Mark Paul Gosslear came out.  I couldn't believe I would ever meet him.  I was so excited when I got to take a picture with him.

Brian Austin Green and Me
Conan O'Brien and Me
By this time the rain was starting slow down and stop.  By that time I was thankful it was slowing down because the rain was starting to get really annoying.  I was drenched even with the umbrella.  I was then shocked to see who the next person came out of the restaurant was.  It was Brian Austin Green.  I couldn't believe it because I had no idea he would be there.  He was the only one to stay until everyone who wanted a picture with him got one.  I thought that was really cool because he could of left if he wanted to, but he was really nice about it.  I thought it was cool to get a picture with him.  Then Conan O'Brien came out and I got to take a picture with him too. He also was really kind.  He was talking to everybody who was left in the crowd.

By this time many of the stars had left and it was starting to rain again.  I decided that I would leave because I was already drenched and I had met so many people today.  I think this was one amazing day I got to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment