Saturday, June 11, 2011

CHRIS ROCK on Broadway

Annabella Sciorra
There is a show on broadway called The Motherf**ker With the Hat starring Chris Rock, Bobby Cannavale, Elizabeth Rodriguez, Annabella Sciorra and Yul Vazquez.  I really enjoyed this show and I recommend for people to see this show.  I also want to add that if you do not like cursing you will not like the show.  As you can see they have f**cker in the title and they really love to use that word A LOT.  Also the show would not be appropriate for younger kids.

Yul Vasquez
Elizabeth Rodriguez 
Alright let me start off this story by saying I had no plans going to see the show The Motherf**ker with the Hat.  What was originally suppose to happen that day is I got tickets for my sister and I to go see Jennifer Hudson perform.  We waited in line under the hot sun for about 3 hours for the event to start.  As the time passed for the show to start they told us that that Jennifer Hudson was admitted to the hospital.  Everyone on line was bummed out, and wished we would of known sooner.  But at the same time I felt bad for Jennifer Hudson and hoped she would be okay.  She had food poisoning, and if she performed in the heat with that it would be gutsy and crazy.  Since we didn't get to see Jennifer Hudson, that wasn't going to stop me from doing something with my sister Brooke in the city.  I remember going to the box office to the show The Motherf**ker with the Hat and asking if they had any discounts for the show, which they did.  So we headed to 45th street to the box office and checked to see if there were any tickets for the show that night.  And guess what.  There were extra tickets and for a decent price.  I didn't care that we would have to waste about 6 hours until the show.  At least we were going to be doing something in the city, rather then go home and do nothing.

6 hours in the city in the heat is not always the greatest.  It makes you tired and freaking hot.  It also makes some people cranky not naming names Brooke.  What was good about that day is that there was a drink product being advertised in times square.  I forgot the name of the drink but it was some sort of lemonade.  People were taking 5 bottles of lemonade because it was free.  I'm not a big fan of lemonade, but if its free I'm taking it.  I grabbed about 5 bottles to take around with us.  Brooke and I started just walking into stores in times square to pass the time.  Also I liked going into random stores because of the air conditioning.

Eventually it became 7pm and we started to head back to the theatre because the show started at 8pm.  I won't tell you that much about the show because I don't want to give it away.  I will tell you that the writers did an amazing job with putting some comedy in the serious situations.  I feel like it lifted the mood in the theatre, so it wouldn't all be a very dramatic and serious play.

Brooke and Bobby Cannavale

Bobby Cannavale and Me
Brooke and Chris Rock

Chris Rock and Me
After when the show ended I ran out of the theatre to get a good spot to stand by the stage door.  I think Brooke caught up to me when I got outside.  I think we got pretty good spots.  After about 10 to 15 minutes of waiting Annabella Sciorra came out to sign autographs.  She was really nice, and she sounded as if she was losing her voice.  I'm not surprised because her character does a lot of yelling in the show.  Then Yul Vasquez came out.  His character was awesome and hilarious.  When I got to meet him I said to him a line from the show "Where's the vondoom"?  He said "You mean vandawm".  I said it wrong but I'm going to go with that where I was sitting I couldn't hear well.  We then got into a short discussion about how a martial arts teacher taught him about pressure points.  Then Elizabeth Rodriguez came out.  She looked exhausted and anyone who does a broadway show is expected to be exhausted.  All of the actors and actresses came out exhausted, but she was the one who looked like she wanted to go home to sleep.  I actually felt a little bit bad because she had to meet people after the show.  Bobby Cannavale came out soon after.  I know my sister and I were a bit excited to see him because we met him about 2 years ago at our high school when he was filming the movie Weakness.  Brooke and I got to be extras with several other kids in our high school in the movie.  When he came to our side to where we were standing we told asked him if he remembered filming that, and we told him we were there.  Brooke and I also got to take a picture with him.  I just want to say this ahead of time that Brooke is the worst at taking pictures.  I know she may not like me saying that but she hears me tell it to her every time she takes a picture.  Alright finally Chris Rock comes out and starts taking pictures and signing autographs for his fans.  He was a cool guy, but also seemed dead tired at the time.  We go to take a picture with him which was awesome.  I was glad I got to meet him.  He is a very funny guy and to watch him perform live was a great experience.  And to thinks if Jennifer Hudson hadn't canceled Brooke and I may have not of gone to see the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment