Monday, June 27, 2011

In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks

June 23, 2011 Adam Carolla came to NYC to do a book signing for his new book In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks. I got to say after hearing that title it made me want to meet him.  I was curious about what his book was about.  So I decided to go to his book signing to see him in person and read his book.

I got to the store around 9am.  It was taking place at Books and Borders and it is right next to penn station.  I didn't know how many people would be there so I like to go early.  I figure if I'm going to a book signing I might as well be close to the front because who wants to wait in a long line.  Besides you also get better pictures of them in the front because there are less people in front of you.

The book signing started at 1pm so I had a few hours to waste before actually getting on line.  I was exhausted because I had only gotten about 4 hours of sleep.  I remember I kept trying to read the book before closing my eyes.  Eventually I realized I needed to get up and start walking around to keep myself awake.  After that failed I went to Duane Read and bought some energy drinks.  Now that really helped A LOT.  I was able to stay awake and read Adam Carolla's book.  I know this sounds like I thought his book was lame but I'm not saying that at all.  I found it quite interesting what he had to write.  Do I agree with all of it? No, but it is his opinion and everyone has opinion.  I will say the book is very blunt.  He gets to the point and tells it the way he sees it.

Adam Carolla
Well after the few hours of reading his book I decided it was time to get on line.  I was the third person on line and I was okay with that. Since there was still some waiting time left I decided to continue to read.  It wasn't a very social line to be in.  Actually to be honest there was not a lot of people there.  I'm not completely surprised because it was at 1pm on a thursday.  I figure most of his fans are just working and had no way of going into the city or leaving their job to come.  I think that sucks because if you are a fan of someone and they come to your hometown and your at work and can't go really sucks.  Also I think book signings should be scheduled later in the day.  If Adam Carolla's signing was at 6pm I bet a lot more people would show up and a lot more books would be sold.

Cowgirl Lady
Me and Adam Carolla
Eventually 1pm came around and the event was starting.  Adam Carolla came and there was only one photographer there.  He took pictures of Adam Carolla sitting, signing books and holding his book.  It literally took a minute before the line started to move.  At that time I had some time to think about what I would say to him .  So I figured it might have to do something about his book.  The title is In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks so I showed him a picture of the cow girl lady in NYC.  I'm not really sure what to call her but all I know is that I was GROSSED out from this image when I took the picture.  It was a 60 year old something in small underwear, boots and a hat.  That is all she wore.  So when I got up to meet Adam Carolla I said while showing him the picture "I hope we don't end up like this in fifty years".  I think he was caught of guard because it was just so random.  He took it in all good humor and he and a few of the people with him started to make some jokes.  I don't mean to be rude to this lady but at her age she shouldn't be doing this.  No one should need to be parading the streets half naked to make money.  To me it's strange and weird.

Right after that I then asked for a picture with him.  He was cool about it and I got to take a picture with him.  That was the end of that experience but in my next blog I will talk about what happened later that day in another blog.  I'll give a hint THE ADAM'S FAMILY.

No comments:

Post a Comment