Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Rick Harrison from Pawn Stars

Rick Harrison
Anybody like the History Channel?  Are you a fan of the show Pawn Stars?  If you said yes to both questions then let me tell you about Rick Harrison's book signing in NYC.  Alright for those who don't know who Rick Harrison is,  well he is just a regular guy who has a reality show.  His show Pawn Stars is exactly what it sounds like.  He owns a pawn shop and its a family business.  Basically he gets very unusual items in his store and we get to watch him work.

Rick Harrison came to NYC for his book signing on June 6, 2011.  I got their around 2pm because I figured that's when people would show up.  I thought this might be a big crowd to come see him.  I was surprised when nobody really showed up until around 6pm.  The book signing didn't start til 7pm.

Still even by 7pm there weren't a lot of people.  There was a decent amount of people, but I thought maybe there would be some late comers to the signing.  When Rick Harrison arrived at 7pm he was walking up to the podium.  It was pretty funny because no one was applauding him.  I think it was because it was a small crowd and no one was really paying attention to anything, but reading his book.  Then the lady who made this event possible said softly "You can give him an applause now".  I thought that was funny for someone to have to tell an audience to applaud for the main event.  Then everyone started to applaud and yell out.

Rick Harrison
Rick Harrison walked up to the podium and he started to read a few chapters of his book.  I felt bad for him because he seemed to be very nervous. While he was reading he was stumbling on some of the words, but then again I don't blame him.  He's just a regular guy on a reality show doing one of his first book signings.  If I were him I would of been freaking out.  I believed the audience gave him sympathy and didn't judge him.  I think they didn't care because they just were glad he was here.  After he read about 2 chapters of his book he took questions from the audience.  Most of the questions were about what items he gets in the store, how he got the show, and about the rest of the cast.

Me and Rick Harrison

I was in the first row, so I was the second person to meet him.  When I got up to him I said "Hey I really like your pawn stars facebook game.  I'm really addicted to it".  He said thanks and then I got a picture with him.  In overall he was a nice guy.  He was just nervous because he never did anything like this.  I think it's pretty cool that he got this opportunity.  He loves what he does and now he gets to show the world, and teach them about rare items in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment