Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo

Yesterday I went to two broadway plays Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo and The Normal Heart.  I will talk about the The Normal Heart in my next post.  For those who don't know Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad  Zoo is about the beginning of the war in 2003.  Robin Williams also stars in the show.  The other stars are Glenn Davis, Brad Fleischer, Hrach Titizian, Sheila Vand, Arian Moayed and Necar Zadegan.

Hrach Titizian
Arian Moayed
Glenn Davis
I went to the first showing of the play of that day at 2pm.  I was very interested in what the play would be like.  I also wanted to see Robin Williams perform live.  I have to say the play was very interesting.  I'm not sure how else to put it.  The show gives you a look at how the war was, and how the soldiers and people were effected.  The play shows how the people felt after loss and killing others to survive.  You got the feeling that all of the people effected were haunted.  I think people should see this show because it lets you see how people effected by war feel.  For those who are not fighting the war or in the places where war is taking place, we really don't have an understanding of how the effects can be devastating.  Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo showcases all of the effects.  I wouldn't recommend young children to see this because I don't think they could handle the show, and it wouldn't be appropriate for them to see.

Kirk Douglas
After the show ended I rushed outside to meet some of the cast members from the play.  I found out that Robin Williams wasn't going to come out and that really sucked.  But it didn't matter because I could always come back and try to meet him.  What was really amazing is the first person to walk out of the stage door.  It was no other than KIRK DOUGLAS.  This man is 94 years old and looks fantastic.  He came to watch the performance just like anyone else.  He couldn't stop to take pictures or sign autographs but that didn't matter.  To see him in person was just fantastic.  I even got to take a quick picture of him coming out the stage door.  Since this was the first show of the day not all of the cast members would be coming out to meet the fans.  I did get to meet most of the men in the show.  They all were very kind while meeting the fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment