Wednesday, June 15, 2011

GO CRAZY FOR THE TONY AWARDS

June 12th 2011 was the day of the Tony Awards.  For those who have never heard of the Tony's then you need to come to NYC from where ever you are because you need to see a musical on Broadway right away.   The Tony's celebrates Broadway just like the Emmy's, Ocars celebrate actors and actresses in movies and television shows.

I brought my sister Brooke to come along with me to watch celebrities walk the red carpet.  Now let me tell you it really sucked that we had to watch from across the street.  What was worse is that the streets weren't blocked off so buses, trucks and all cars would be passing by.  That was not cool.  Well before all of this since Brooke and I arrived at the Beacon theatre where it was taken place at around 2pm.  We had to wait about 3 hours until people would start arriving around 5:30pm.  Luckily for us there was a fair in the front of the Beacon theatre.  Out of all the days in the week they choose that day of the Tony's to have a street fair.  It was kind of funny but a great way to pass by the time.  Brooke and I were going to all the booths to check out what they had.  It was mostly jewelry and clothing.  It was a pretty good street fair.

Brooke and Christine and Me






Around 3:30pm Brooke and I rushed back across the street behind the theatre of the red carpet to find a good spot.  What really sucked is that the carpet was filled with reporters and camera crews.  It really wasn't fair.  That still didn't stop us from trying to get attention to our side.  I was wearing a Doogie Howser shirt for Neil Patrick Harris and Brooke came up with the idea to write a sign saying "I need a doctor in the house is Doogie Howser here".  That sign got us a lot of attention.  I also wrote another sign saying "WE LOVE THE TONY'S".  We watched the reporters turn around and start reading our signs.  They even started filming our signs which was awesome. Our sign even caught the attention of some people who work at a radio station SiriusXM.  They were really nice and they interviewed us and took pictures with us. When the celebrities started to come it was impossible to see them because of all of the reporters and camera crews on the carpet.  Like I said that didn't stop me from trying to have some fun.  I started to  scream to everyone across the street especially celebrities.  I would find out which celebrity was near our side and I would belt out one big yell of their name.  When Judith Light came by I kept yelling "Judith Light you were awesome on the Who's the Boss.  You are the boss on Who's the Boss"!  When it was Whoopi Goldberg I yelled out "Whoopie Goldberg you're awesome. Can I have tickets to the view"?  When I saw the cast of the musical Book of Mormon I started yelling to them and when they started reading our sign I think I started yelling as if we were in a conversation as a joke.  I also did this to several reporters looking our way.  "Hey. How are you?  I'm good.  Show some NYC LOVE"!!!  All of the people around me were finding it entertaining.  Brooke kept her hands over her ears because when you scream next to someone it usually hurts their ears.  I was having a blast.  One of the cops said from across the street "your loud".  I said "Thanks".  I never knew how loud I could be.  I was quite proud of my accomplishment.  What was even great is the attention I got for my yelling.  Besides some of the pissed of reporters the celebrities were actually waving to us.  I always got their attention.  It was quite hilarious and cool.

Me and Brooke
Since it was hard to get pictures of the celebrities I just got wide shots of the crowds and the red carpet.  You can see for yourself how crazy it was.  Even though we didn't get to meet anyone it didn't matter.  Right after the red carpet Brooke and I got on the subway to go to Times Square.  They were showing the Tony Awards on a big screen in Time Squares.  They even had a place where you can take a picture if front of Tony Awards background.  Brooke and I took a picture 5 minutes before the Tony's ended.  It was pretty cool.  I had a lot of fun and I would surely go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment