Thursday, June 2, 2011

FOX NETWORK STARS

I want to first let everyone know what an upfront is before I start my story.  Each network on TV has one day of the year when they invite executives and the stars from the network to meet in a place to have  the fall schedule announced.  This is where you find out if your show gets picked up or not.

May 16, 2011 was the day Fox was having their upfront.  I was so excited because this would be the event where I could see a lot of stars.  Now who wouldn't be excited about that?  The event was going to start at 5pm and of course I knew that I would get their extremely early to see the stars walking into the building.  So I went with my sister Brooke and we got into the city around 1pm.  At this time there were just a few people outside.  We were both so excited to be there.  I started to think that maybe we should get the stars flowers, in hopes they would stop to take a picture with us.  So Brooke and I went across the street to get some flowers.  We saw these roses and thought those were the flowers to get.  We went back to our spot to wait for the event.  For people who have ever gotten rose you know that there are thorns on them.  My sister and I completely forgot about that.  Brooke and I both had to take off the thorns off of each and every rose.  Even though that part completely sucked it actually wasted some time of waiting.  I think we spent about an hour or so getting rid of the thorns.

It was around 3pm when we were being told that the entrance we were at was only for the executives.  At first I didn't believe it because sometimes the people will say something just to get rid of the people, so we don't get in their way.  Turns out they were telling the truth because there was a back entrance where a few stars were going into.  Brooke and I ran to that entrance as fast as we could. With in an hour  I met my friends Gaby and Maria.  We even gave them some roses to see if it would be any helpful to them.

A few Glee cast members
Paula Abdul
Mary Murphy
Nigel Lythgoe
After the long wait we saw a few stars come out.  Jane Lynch, David Boreanaz, Randy Jackson, Howie Mandel, and many more.  It was all happening so fast.  It was amazing.  I remember I wanted to get a better view, so I walked away by myself to see if there was another spot.  I went across the street to see if it was a better spot to be at.  Let me tell you it was.  This is where I got to take a great picture of some Glee cast members.  I even got a picture of Paula Abdul.  One of the judge's Mary Murphy from So You Think You can Dance walked by.  Even though I don't watch the show I still thought it was cool.  I even got a picture of another judge from So You think You can Dance Nigel Lythgoe waving to the crowd.

What was even cool was that where I was standing some of the stars were walking right past me.  I couldn't believe it when Randy Jackson walked right next to me.  I was like "Woah" and I kept staring at him.  I didn't care, but I kept finding it funny that he kept saying Dog.

Riker Lynch
Before my sister came across the street to find me she was freaking out over the fact she met a warbler.  The warbler's are from Glee.  Brooke got to meet and take a picture with Riker Lynch.  She seemed so excited I thought she might pee her pants from the excitement.

My friend Gaby met up with us again.  So we all stood there standing to watch the stars come out.  We got to see Simon Cowell walk out.  Brooke yelled out "Simon do you want a rose"? and he just kept smiling and giving a thumbs up.  It was actually pretty funny.  We weren't sure if he had heard her.  Then Paula Abdul came out again and she saw this young girl in front of us and asked her if she wanted to take a picture with her.  Of course the girl said yes, so Gaby, Brooke and I decided to take the opportunity to ask to get a picture.  Thankfully Paula Abdul said yes.  But we had to do it quick.  It took about 30 seconds to find someone to take the camera and take our picture. That 30 seconds felt like an eternity.  Finally someone took the camera and our picture.  Brooke and I offered her some roses and she accepted them.  I thought it was pretty cool for her to stop and take pictures.  Most of the stars had to keep moving and weren't able to stop.  Still it was a fun event to watch.  It was a lot better than staying home and doing nothing.

Brooke, me, Paula Abdul, Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment