Friday, June 17, 2011

The Crazy Journey of meeting Robin Williams

Alright for those who read my blog about the broadway show Bengal Tiger in the Baghdad Zoo then know that I met majority of the cast and not Robin Williams.  I also added that I had planned on going back to meet him, but I didn't know what a crazy day it would be.  So let me start from the beginning.

On Tuesday June 14th, 2011 I had plan on going into the city to see Jennifer Hudson perform a few songs while being filmed.  I was going to bring my sister along because I got an extra ticket.  The concert started at around 11am and if you wanted to get a good spot you have to go early.  I remember waking up and my sister Brooke and I were to exhausted so we just went back to sleep.  I'm a fan of Jennifer Hudson but I would never go anywhere with my sister if she didn't get enough sleep.  Brooke can be very cranky and if I'm also tired it is something I don't want to deal with.

After going back to bed and getting up a few hours later there was an event honoring a few celebrities.  Jennifer Hudson was one of the celebrities to perform in that event.  I was going to meet my friend Maria and maybe have Brooke come along if she wanted too. I went with Brooke into the city in mid afternoon to head to the event.  When we arrived at the event there was no one there.  People were still setting up and the weather was lousy.  It was raining on and off.  It was a real pain.  Maria still wasn't there and we could only do is just wait.  It didn't seem like a big event.  I wasn't to excited to be there.  The weather was giving me a headache and that just made things lousier.  About 25 minutes of waiting I get a call from Maria telling me that the Spider Man show on Broadway was having its opening.  I don't think anyone would of thought it would of made it out of previews.  We all figured that might be a better event to go watch because there would be a lot more people there.  It was like a 15 minute walk because we were like 15 blocks away.  When we got to the theatre we saw a red carpet and a few people lined up waiting to see who would arrive.  Maria showed up a bit later.  It would be about an hour and a half until people showed up.  It was very hard to take pictures because of how many people were there and also they went in pretty fast into the theatre.  When the people started to arrive I saw one of John Lennon's sons, Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers and Loren Michaels.  They didn't stop because I guess they had to get into the theatre quickly.  Brooke left before people were showing up because she was hungry and wasn't feeling well.  She was at the Apple Bee's getting some dinner.  I planned on meeting her there because I barely ate that day.  After I saw the few celebrities I decided I needed to eat something because I figured I wouldn't see anyone else.  Maria decided to go check the other side of the theatre to see if there was another red carpet.  Turns out there was and that was where most of the celebrities were arriving.  I wasn't to upset about it.  I figured Brooke and I could just go meet Robin Williams after the show finished.

After we ate we still had a few hours to waste.  I decided to go to Dave and Busters because I LOVE GAMES.  I am addicted to the claw machines and I am great at them.  If you don't believe me well tell me have you ever gotten 13 stuffed animals in one night from the claw machine?  Well I did and I gave them to my mom to give to her kids at her school.  I even won two  stuffed toys that were a 100 dollar bill.  I figured I would give one to Robin Williams as a joke saying I was paying him because he was so good.

Finally the time passed and it was time to go wait out in front of the stage door.  Luckily for us the play wasn't finished yet so we got great spots.  We even started talking to one of the workers at the theatre who makes sure the fans don't go over board crazy.  I asked him if there was anyone famous watching the play and he said he wasn't sure.  I mentioned I saw Kirk Douglas and he kept saying he didn't come to the show.  I was thinking OMG did I just post everywhere that I saw Kirk Douglas and this was some random old guy.  I was thinking OMG I made a fool of myself.  I just want to add I'm not familiar of what Kirk Douglas really looks like.  I have never met him in person and I have not watched many of his films.  The guy then said here I have a picture I'll show you of who was really here and he brought me in through the back stage door.  Honestly I didn't care I was walking through the stage door because all I could think is how stupid I was to mistake someone for Kirk Douglas.  He then shows me this picture of two old men at a barber shop.  Turns out he was just playing with me.  It was Kirk Douglas who I saw and he was just having some fun watching me freak out.

Me and Robin Williams

Robin Williams and Brooke
Probably about 20 minutes later after that joke Robin Williams came out.  I was shocked he came out so fast I figured he would be the last one to come out.  I couldn't wait to take a picture with him and I know Brooke was excited to meet him.  He comes up to us and I told him I want to pay him a $100 bucks.  He said sure thanks I'll give it to my dog.  I gotta say that was pretty cool and funny that he would at least be honest to what he was doing with it.  I didn't mind he was giving it to his dog because that dog could now have its own fake money to brag about.  Then I got to take a picture with Robin Williams and then I had to take Brooke's picture.  Now everyone who knows Brooke also knows never to let her take pictures.  Brooke managed to take my picture upside down and extremely blurry.  My picture I took of Brooke looks amazing.  So after I saw the picture I was pretty pissed because of how horrible it looked.  I hate to say it but it isn't hard to take a picture.  You press a button wait three seconds and its done.  Easy right?  For Brooke its extremely difficult.  Here look at the pictures to see for yourself.  I wan to add that I turned the picture right side up, but I can't fix how blurry it is.  That was the end to our long crazy day.  At least we got to meet Robin Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment