Friday, August 31, 2012

Stand Up For A Cause



August 26, 2012 I went to a fundraiser.  It was hosted by Carly Jibson and it was to raise money for her mother's medical bills.  Her mother had stage 4 cancer in her lungs and bone.  Great news is that her treatment has been working and she is now a stage 3.  I can relate to Carly because my grandmother has  stage 4 cancer to, bone and breast.








Me and Perez Hilton
The fundraiser included a bunch of broadway stars each singing a song.  It was quite beautiful.  And Carly made sure to keep everyone laughing and when she spoke about her mother it brought a tear to everyones eye.  I didn't plan on going to this fundraiser because I didn't hear about it.  I literally got in last minute.  Such as 2 hours before it started.  I sat near the front and the table next to me Perez Hilton was sitting at.  He was very sweet and very cool.  My sister is a big fan and she even got to speak to him on the phone.  He was very cool about it.











After the show I spoke to Jenna Leigh Green.  I'm a fan of hers from Sabrina The Teenage Witch.  I have never seen her perform live before and when I found out she was  performing I was so excited.  I've wanted to hear her sing ever since I knew she could. I wasn't able to see her in the broadway show Wicked.  I must say she was phenomenal.  I was so glad that I got to see her perform.  She was even nice enough  to speak to my sister also.  My sister had a great night speaking to some stars.


It was a very lovely and heartwarming night.

If anyone would like to help out you can donate money to this website right here.   http://www.giveforward.com/friendsofreneezimmerman

No comments:

Post a Comment