Thursday, August 16, 2012

MATHTASTIC






On August 16th 2012 I went to Danica Mckellar's book signing.  I went at 9am to get the book and then I came back at 4:30pm to meet up with a friend to go to the book signing. We waited a few hours until the seating area was opened because the signing didn't start until 7pm.  While waiting I just hung out with my friend.  It was fun and the time flew by.

Danica Mckellar

Danica Mckellar
When we went upstairs to get our seats we were in the second row by choice.  We didn't want to sit in the front row so we chose the second one.  The event started about 20 minutes late because of traffic.  It happens all the time so it wasn't a big deal to wait.

The event started with a discussion.  Danica spoke about her career and her math books. It was pretty cool and inspirational to see how one person can work on trying to make  difference in the world through math.  Personally when I see a math problem I get a massive headache and just shut the book.  After meeting Danica I might change my view.  I do recommend people to get all of her books.  Anyone who struggles with math these books are very helpful.  They make learning fun and they are relatable.

After the discussion there was a Q and A.  Most people asked about Danica about her books and educational questions.  Of course I would ask her about her guest appearance on The Big Bang Theory.  What can I say I just love TV and Film.

Danica Mckellar

Danica Mckellar
Danica Mckellar
When everyone asked the questions they wanted to ask the signing started.  There weren't many people in front of me which was awesome.  But of course when I go up to say hi I get tongue tied.  This happens to me all the time.  I can be fine one moment then get tongue tied the last minute.  I got so nervous that I forgot to look at her and instead I  looked at the camera.  I was totally awkward, but that's who I am sometimes.  Not intentionally.  But she was really sweet and so very kind.  Anyone if you meet her you will see how AMAZING she is.  And she is also GORGEOUS!

Danica Mckellar

Danica Mckellar

Me and Danica Mckellar
I was so glad that I got to meet her and if I got a second chance to meet her again I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment