Wednesday, May 23, 2012

iWOW

Me and Jennette McCurdy
5/19/12-5/20/12 was an interesting day.  I had been planning on trying to meet the cast of iCarly.  I was sort of successful.  I got to see all of the cast members in person but I didn't get to take pictures with them. The first time I saw them they got mobbed.  It was insane.  So I decided to go back to where they were staying  at night to see if I could catch them coming and going from their hotel.  I waited for hours and didn't get to see anyone until around 9pm something.  It was Jennette McCurdy walking back to the hotel.  She was very sweet and stopped and was taking pictures with everyone.  There weren't that many people which was even better.  I got to take a picture and its an awesome picture.

Me and Kurtwood Smith
I waited a few more hours and out of the blue there was someone walking right towards us and I went "oh my god".  The people who I were with didn't know if I saw a dog or someone famous.  I love dogs and every time I saw one I went something like "oh my god".  We fixed the confusion when someone told me to say k-9 for dog, so that way they would know if I saw a person or a dog.  It really did work.  Well back to the person.  It was Kurtwood Smith.  He was with his lovely wife and they were just walking by.  He is such a cool guy.  So of course I would say something stupid.  For those who don't know he was in the show That 70's Show and one of his well known lines was "I'm going to put my foot up your ass".  It went something like that.  So I said out of no where "I'm going to put my foot up your ass".  Then I went oh my god I'm so sorry. By the way I kept making the situation worse by repeating the line.  At first he didn't know what the hell I was saying.  He was caught off guard by all of us there.  Then he finally heard what I said and he laughed.  He even shook my hand and read my shirt.  I got a great picture with him and a great story with it.

Me and Kunal Nayyar
Now it was around midnight or so.  I'm really bad at knowing what time it is.  Well this was also the night of the season finale of Saturday Night Live.  I didn't know that.  The people I was with we went to go to see who we could meet.  We were still trying to meet the iCarly cast and they also were at SNL.  Ironically every place we were we kept missing them.  It just really sucked that we kept missing them by minutes.  We then went back to the hotel to see if we could catch them going in.  Sadly we didn't.  We stayed there for about an hour or so.  And luckily we did get to meet someone.  Someone saw Kunal Nayyar walking in and called him.  He was kind enough to stop and take pictures.  He looked exhausted and I really do appreciate that he stopped.  Of course I said something stupid and random.  In the show The Big Bang Theory his character gets drunk when around women.  So I said "it must be fun to get drunk at your job".  I know he doesn't really drink alcohol while working but I was trying to make a joke.  Obviously I'm not funny.  He didn't answer so I'm going to pretend he didn't hear that.  He was really cool.  As he was walking in to the hotel he told us all to get some sleep.  It might have been around 3am.

After that we all went back to the SNL party and I was just exhausted.  I was about to fall asleep and since I had to get back home I knew it was time for bed.  I left around 3:40am.  Even though I didn't get pictures with all of the iCarly cast, I'm glad I got to meet the people I met.

No comments:

Post a Comment