Thursday, September 13, 2012

Director On Set


















September 10, 2012 I went to a dvd signing at Best Buy in the city.   I went with a friend of mine to the dvd signing.  I always like meeting directors because I hope to become one one day.  I was excited to meet James Cameron.  I have to admit I'm not a big fan on Titanic, but I didn't mind getting a dvd of Titanic signed just so I could meet James Cameron.

James Cameron

James Cameron

James Cameron
My friend bought my dvd earlier in the day so we would have a spot on line.  We didn't know how crowded it would be so we thought the earlier the better.  We got their early around 4pm.  The signing started at 7:30pm.  At the time barely anyone had shown up.  It didn't get crowded until 7pm.  At the time I was shocked at how late it was until people started showing up, but at the same time I realized that most people were students and they just started school.

There was a Q and A but only for the film academy students.  The Q and A went on for about 45 minutes. Luckily they let everyone that wasn't from the Film Academy go first for the signing.  I was exhausted that day because I was in the city since early in the morning.  I even fell asleep sitting down on the line.

When I got to meet him he was really cool and very kind.  He took his time with everyone he met.  He was a down to earth guy and I was glad to have met him.  If I could I would meet him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment