Saturday, February 11, 2012

Another Day At Letterman

Me and Maria Menounos
I had a free day on 2/9/11 and of course I went to the Letterman studio because I knew they always had stars getting interviewed.  Today they were filming two shows so I got to meet a few extra celebs.  I knew Nicholas Cage and David Spade would be showing up.   I really wanted to meet David Spade so I went.  Nicholas Cage was like a bonus if I got to meet him it would be cool if it didn't I wasn't going to be upset.  Luckily as I was walking I ran into I guess was a filming spot.  I have no idea for what but the person there was Maria Menounos.  I asked if I could take a picture with her and I told her "Should never bet against the  Giants".  For those who don't know Maria Menounos had a bet with Mario Lopez about who would win the Super Bowl.  Mario chose Giants and Maria chose Patriots.  She was pretty cool about that and she is a very nice person might I add.

Me and Kevin Corrigan
I got to the stage door around 2pm. I saw a bunch of people already there waiting to meet celebs just like me.  Most of them do it to get paid so I knew today might be a little crazy.  For those who have never done what I do let me tell you this.  People who try and make money off of their signed posters by the stars they will fight crazy just to get something signed that might just even sell for a dollar.  These people will do anything.  Well I had a good spot up in front near the end of the gated area.  What's really great about this area is that you never know who might walk by. Kevin Corrigan was just walking by and he came over to say hi.  Of course I asked for a picture. He was a really cool guy for just coming by and saying hi and taking pictures with everyone there.

Nicholas Cage's face and my forehead
Around 4pm I think Nicholas Cage showed up.  He was a really down to earth guy.  He came right out of his car to sign.  He was on the opposite side of me.  People went nuts.  And since I'm short everyone used my head to hold things up.  So of course I kept yelling" I'm short don't forget about the short people.  Remember the little people.  Were here the little people".  I did get to meet him and he signed a picture I had just printed out earlier that morning.  I even got a picture with him and it is just to funny.  He is a lot taller than me so just for fun I will show you guys the picture.  Luckily when he came back out when he was done with the show and took pictures with fans and signed autographs again.  I tried for another picture but my phone didn't work, but luckily I got in another picture which someone sent to me.  Guess where I am. This just shows you how crazy everything was and how short I am.  If you can't see me look right in the middle of the picture.

David Spade and Me
About 2 hours later David Spade showed up for his interview with David Letterman.  I was excited to see him because I really wanted him to sign my dvd of Dickie Roberts Former Child Star.  And of course people still went crazy for him.  Putting papers in front of my face and trying to push me out of the way, and of course I kept yelling "Don't forget the little people".  He came by and I asked for a picture and I'm guessing this was either his publicist or agent and she said "this girl wants a picture leave her alone and move everything out of her face".  I really appreciated that because I couldn't see anything in front of me.  I took the picture and I haven't done this in a while take a picture by myself so I got him and half of my face.  I say hey why not let it be a victory at least I'm in part of the picture ha.

In all it was a pretty cool day.

No comments:

Post a Comment