Saturday, May 28, 2011

TINA FEY FANS

Tina Fey stopped at Barnes and Nobles in Union Square in NYC on April 8, 2011.  People were lining up since 8am in the morning.  This Barnes and Nobles opens at 9am.  I arrived at around 11am that morning and there were about 15 people already lined up.  Since a lot of people work during the week days by the time 5pm rolled around the floor was closed to any more people.  The entire floor was packed with Tina Fey fans.  You couldn't fit anyone else on the floor.  Luckily since I arrived early I got in the second row.
Tina Fey being interviewed
Me and Grizz Chapman
This was my first book signing so I was very excited to go.  Also I'm a fan on Tina Fey because she is just amazingly talented and funny.  What made this book signing an even more amazing experience was by the guest who arrived around 6:30pm to support Tina Fey at her book signing.  It was no one other than Grizz Chapman from 30 Rock.  Now for people who have not seen 30 Rock, Grizz is in Tracy Jordan's (Tracy Morgan) entourage.  Also Grizz is over 7ft tall and I'm only 5 "3, so standing next to him made me feel really short.

Finally Tina Fey arrived just on time at 7pm to start the 30min interview.  Tina Fey was comical in her interview.  Almost every answer she gave made the audience laugh.  I know I was laughing quite a lot.  There were a few questions that she answered that were answered more seriously.  After the interview the book signing started.
Tina Fey


Grizz Chapman

At the time Tina Fey was 5 months pregnant and was getting over a cold.  The line went row by row to get your book signed.  Since I was in the second row it went pretty quickly.  when I finally got to meet Tina Fey I was speechless.  I didn't know what to say and I was thinking all day what I would say to her once I met her.  So, I said the first thing that came out of my mouth. " I hope I can be as successful as you are in the television industry".  Tina Fey said thank you and that was when I knew I loved going to book signings.   

No comments:

Post a Comment