Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lizzie McGuire All GROWN UP

Hilary Duff had a book signing in Tribeca on October 10, 2011.  Even though I hadn't read any of her books I didn't care.  I had watched Lizzie McGuire when I was growing up and I thought it would be cool to meet Hilary Duff.  

Hilary Duff

Hilary Duff
I was running late to this book signing, but I still got there around 2pm.  I might not of have been the first in line but I had a decent spot on line.  I was pretty excited to meet Hilary Duff.  I hadn't planned anything ahead of time of what I would say, but I'm usually good at winging it even if what I say sounds lame.  I try to be entertaining and funny all the time but sometimes its not always entertaining and especially not funny.  I have to say the wait wasn't so bad.  I got some food and spoke with some people on line.  What I really enjoyed was reading with people on line from a book that told us how to say dirty words in German.  I'm not going to lie it was fun and HILARIOUS.  The book was so strange, but it really did help pass the time away.  It's always fun to pick up a random book and start reading it because you never know what you're going to read about.

Finally the time had come for the book signing to start.  Hilary Duff was in a traffic so it didn't start exactly on time.  NYC always has traffic and especially more traffic with the wall street protest going on.  No one was upset about it because we all knew she was coming.  I know I didn't care because it's NYC everyone gets stuck in traffic here at least once in their life.  Well, let's skip to the part when she did arrive.  It was pretty cool and as she was getting ready to meet the first person of course I had to yell things out.  Here are some of the things I yelled out "You go girl" "You go sign those books"  "You can do it".  What was really funny is when I got to meet her and she said I was entertaining her.  So of course when she signed my book I had to do bad dance moves and say "Go hilary go hilary".  I have to say I thought that was pretty cool.  At least I got recognized in a line of A LOT of people.  I didn't count so a lot will have to be my number.  If I had to guess there were probably  a few hundred people there.  It was a big turn out.

Hilary Duff
So now you are probably thinking that this was the end of my adventure.  Let me tell you it was NOT.  Of course I had to stay and ask for a picture.  I knew I had to try and a few other people were going to try it also.  The waiting for the signing to end wasn't so bad.  It seemed pretty quick to me.  When the last few people who were on line to get their books signed there was now a small crowd waiting to see if Hilary Duff would take a picture with them.  We all kept yelling "can we have a picture please".  At this time Barnes and Nobles was telling her she had to leave.  But what was really nice is Hilary Duff made the person with the camera take a group picture of all of us and it would be posted on her website.  The picture isn't up yet but when it is I will post it right here.  I have to say it was a fun and entertaining day.

No comments:

Post a Comment